Job posted on Feb. 26, 2020
IT Delivery and Support Lead (Contract)
Office Location: Ottawa, Ontario
DLS is currently seeking an experienced IT Delivery and Support Lead. In this role, the IT Delivery and Support Lead will be delivering support for a large network and server infrastructure project (longer term) for a public sector client. The IT Delivery and Support Lead will ensure the delivery of high-quality IT technologies and services to the client and its end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is also a client facing role, and requires that the ideal candidate establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT support team to achieve those expectations to a high standard. This is an on-site opportunity in Ottawa.
Reporting directly to the Project Business Owner (or delegate), the responsibilities will be to manage all associated responsibilities on one or more technical project(s) requiring development, delivering, and supporting for a new IT operation and network performance monitoring capability.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for, including but not limited to:
- Lead the IT Delivery and Support team to continually improve the IT environment
- Work with the team evolve standards for IT hardware, software and security in the IT environment
- Follow Client delivery procedures to ensure on time delivery to the customer
- Produce work that meets the requirements and quality expectation set by the Project Business Owner
- Ensure high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Take lead of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Provide timely and accurate status updates, and raise technical issues, risks or concerns to the Project Team Lead and/or Lead Engineer in a timely manner
- Ensure that patching and updates are carried out promptly and effectively
- Analysis, and evaluate the issues and resolution results
- Produce supporting documentation such as user guides, builds documents, configuration item document, etc.
- Provide off-site customer support for engineering efforts, formal testing and deploy exercise of the defence baseline in an effective manner
- With the use of commercial software, integrate repeatable delivering and testing process, capture performance metrics and validate the Client system stability
- Capability to travel for work nationally or internationally for a short period of time.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited University
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the last 15 years as an IT Delivery and Support Lead responsible for all associated responsibilities on one or more technical project(s) requiring development, delivering, and supporting for IT operation and network performance monitoring capability
- Minimum 10 years of cumulative experience in the past 15 years as a Delivery and Support Lead
- 5 or more cumulative years’ experience working with Department of National Defense (DND) in a technical capacity
- ITIL Qualified and expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- In-depth knowledge of IT network infrastructure, IT operations, network administration, and application administration
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a key role in one or more of the following projects during the last 15 years will be asset.
- US Department
- Department of National Defense (DND)
- Five eyes (Canada, US, Australia, UK, and New Zealand)
Start Date: Immediately
Open Positions: 1
Language Requirements: English
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Type: Full-time, Contract