Job posted on Feb. 25, 2020
IT Project Manager (Contract)
Office Location: Ottawa, Ontario
DLS is currently seeking an experienced IT Project Manager. In this role, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing network and server infrastructure projects for a project sector client, planning of technology project(s), managing our team of IT professionals, implementing technology security and the execution of all technology-related tasks and initiatives. The successful candidate will also be the liaison with IT providers, and will support the client’s network infrastructure. This is an on-site opportunity in Ottawa.
Reporting directly to the Project Business Owner (or delegate), the responsibilities will be to manage one or more technical project(s) requiring hardware and software design, development, configurating, integrating and testing for a new IT operation and network performance monitoring capability.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for, including but not limited to:
- Provide technology strategy planning
- Produce work that meets the requirements and quality expectation
- Manage solution recommendations to the Integration lead with regards to architecture implementation and design of the system
- Manage the project to ensure technologies integration into the client IT for optimal effectiveness
- Understand current and future client’s business goals and ongoing IT issues to ensure project and business success
- Complete work assignments within the budget and schedule limitations
- Provide timely and accurate status updates, and raise technical issues, risks or concerns to the Team Lead and/or lead Engineer in a timely manner
- Follow Client delivery procedures to ensure on time delivery to the customer
- Participate in resource planning, recruitment, and supervise resource management
- Manage document preparation such as high-level design, detailed design, user guides, system analysis, builds documents, configuration Item document, etc.
- Create and maintain all assigned Observations (OBS) and Software Problem Reports (SPRs) in the OBS/SPRDB database. Ensure accurate reporting, assignment and resolution in accordance with customer priorities and timelines
- Provide and maintain a level of effort (LOEs) for integration task
- Capability to travel for work nationally or internationally for a short period of time, if required.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Commerce, or Business 10 or more years of Project Manager experience
- Must hold a valid Project Management Professional (PMP) certification as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI), Prince2 certification, Project Management Competency Development (PMCD) PM02 or greater certification
- 5 or more cumulative years’ experience working as a Project Manager on an IT project valued at $2M or more
- 5 or more cumulative years’ experience working with Department of National Defense (DND) as a Project Manager on an IT project
- In-depth knowledge of IT network infrastructure, IT operations, network administration, and application administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in a key role in one or more of the following projects during the last 15 years will be asset.
- US Department
- Department of National Defense (DND)
- Five eyes (Canada, US, Australia, UK, and New Zealand)
Start Date: Immediately
Open Position: 1
Language Requirements: English
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Type: Full-time, Contract